Applications Open: Immediately
Location: AAMI Park, Melbourne VIC
Work Type: 1-2 days per week (weekday and game days required)
Classification: Marketing and Communications
Rate: $25.00 per day (meal and travel allowance)
The Melbourne Rebels are a professional sporting organisation playing in the Super Rugby
Competition against teams from Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina and South Africa.
The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union organisation is responsible for creating, developing and
managing the growth of both amateur and professional Rugby Union in Victoria.
As our Marketing intern you will gain experience and industry exposure within a fast-paced professional sporting organisation. You will support the Marketing and Communications Manager and wider marketing team to execute significant components of the Melbourne Rebels marketing plan.
As part of the internship, the successful applicant will receive:
- Professional reference upon completion.
- Opportunity to work at international rugby events.
- Guidance and mentoring from senior staff.
- Professional business acumen and Australian working skills.
- Practical experience working with an international sports organisation.
- Understanding of business processes and commercial requirements within a major sports organisation.
Some of the tasks you could expect to be involved in as part of your internship include:
- Social media updates and reviews via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Maintenance of the Melbourne Rebels’ website and other platforms.
- Database entry and coordination of database activities.
- Ad-hoc marketing administrative duties and research as required.
The successful candidate:
- Will be a current tertiary student working towards a Marketing, Communications or Sports Management qualification. You will also have your tertiary providers consent to partake in an industry placement.
- Will be able to commit to 1 – 2 days per week including one weeknight/weekend game day.
- Will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work independently and prioritise to meet tight deadlines.
- is a team player with great interpersonal skills and a friendly attitude.
- Will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
How to apply:
Please email your current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.