Applications Open: Immediately
Location: AAMI Park, Melbourne VIC
Work Type: 1-2 days per week (weekday and game days required)
Rate: $25.00 per day (meal and travel allowance)
The Melbourne Rebels are a professional sporting organisation playing in the Super Rugby
Competition against teams from Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina and South Africa.
The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union organisation is responsible for creating, developing and
managing the growth of both amateur and professional Rugby Union in Victoria.
As our Events intern, you will gain experience and industry exposure within a fast-paced professional sporting organisation. You will support the Events Manager and Match Day Executive in delivering the full life cycle of Melbourne Rebels’ corporate and match day events.
As part of the internship, the successful applicant will receive:
- Professional reference upon completion.
- Opportunity to work at international rugby events.
- Guidance and mentoring from senior staff.
- Professional business acumen and Australian working skills.
- Practical experience working with an international sports organisation.
- Understanding of business processes and commercial requirements within a major sports organisation.
Some of the tasks you could expect to be involved in as part of your internship include:
- Assist with game day events, fan experiences and sponsor activations.
- Write briefing notes and coordinate run sheets for match day activities.
- Database management and other ad-hoc events administrative duties as required.
The successful candidate:
- Will be a current tertiary student working towards an Events, Marketing or Sports Management qualification. You will also have your tertiary providers consent to partake in an industry placement.
- Will be able to commit to 1 – 2 days per week including one weeknight/weekend game day.
- Will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work independently and prioritise to meet tight deadlines.
- Is a team player with great interpersonal skills and a friendly attitude.
- Will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
How to apply:
Please email your current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.